October 2nd, 2019
Justin Trudeau’s Liberals Turned Their Backs on Quebec
In 2015, Quebecers expected Justin Trudeau to respect the Quebec nation, but Justin Trudeau did not work for the people of Quebec:
- He gave special treatment to Netflix, threatening Quebec culture (Le Soleil, October 3, 2017)
- He refused to tax foreign web multinationals for 4 years, at the expense of local media (Journal de Montréal, February 5, 2018)
- He refused to go after tax havens which are costing Quebecers millions of dollars and that profit his friend and Fundraising Chair for the Liberal Party, Stephen Bronfman (Le Devoir, November 5, 2017)
- He refused to close the door on the Energy-East pipeline (Radio-Canada)
- He sacrificed supply managed dairy farmers when he signed the new NAFTA (The Canadian Press, October 1, 2018)
- He accepted an increase in the price of medications when he signed the new NAFTA (La Presse, October 2, 2018)
- He slammed the door in the face of the Quebec government on the inclusion of Quebec in the Constitution (Radio-Canada, June 1, 2017)
With the NDP's New Deal for People, Jagmeet Singh wants to build a country in which Quebecers feel like they can participate fully.
NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh:
"Quebecers feel like Justin Trudeau abandoned them. The NDP understands that the Quebec nation is unique, which is why Jagmeet Singh's NDP wants a future where the national character of Quebec is not only recognized with fine words and speeches, but with concrete decisions and governance that fosters asymmetrical, cooperative and respectful federalism."